Sunday, February 7, 2010

Grey Day

The winter weather, for us, this winter, has been decidedly wintery. Today wasn't any different. A dense gray pall of clouds obscuring the sun, causing the brightness of late afternoon to be little different than the brightness of dawn. A creature of habit, I was want to follow my usual Sunday routine of going to the library. The central library, opened on Sunday, has a large bank of internet connected computers for those who have no access to a computer at home. There's a small busload of people surfing the net and half as much waiting for their turn for the computers.
I don't put my nose in the air at people who occupy a different class than myself. Both high or low, I think to myself; there but for the grace of God, go I.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't realized the downtown FW library was open on Sundays. That's good to know, though it's a long haul without the TRE to break up the ride. Looking, the downtown Dallas library is also open on Sunday, though they are closed on Monday. My own library is not open on Sundays.

    It's gonna be a one on the Motorcycle Meter tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete