Sunday, November 8, 2009

a twilight gloaming

This will be insufficient, I know that and I'm admitting it right up front. Like most people, I was exceedingly glad when Friday evening arrived. Saturday is, for me, a day of rest. I did get out and ride the Trinity trails some but I had my buddy with me so I didn't get to ride as much as I wanted to. My buddy is a three hundred pound bruiser. A middle linebacker. It wasn't long before he'd gone as far as he wanted to go, so we ended up looping back to the starting point. Still, I was bone tired. Sunday was a beautiful day. Moderate temperatures with the sun tipping into the southern skies for winter.  For us, in the northern hemisphere, the sun is no longer baking us. The same sun though, that we're enjoying now, is over the southern hemisphere with an unblinking, merciless daytime heat.
Heading home from the library two young people, a young man and a young woman, on fixies, wheeled by. Gotta savor the moments. Now, is all we have, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment