Wednesday, March 2, 2011

House of Books

My haul from the library tonight:
On DVD I got Legend. A Ridley Scott directed movie with Tom Cruise and Mia Sara. It's been a long while since I've seen this flick. What I remember most about this movie, is the movie itself is almost completely overshadowed by the creature that can only be described as the devil. Frightening enough to inhabit your dream...the scary ones.
The Cats of Mirikitani A documentary about a old Japanese man living on the streets and making art. A highly honored film at various film festivals.
I picked up three books tonight as well. Two of them I picked up on a whim. It's entirely likely I wont even read them.
The Charming Quirks of Others by Alexander McCall Smith An Isabel Dalhousie Novel. I don't even know what that is really. We'll see.
Fall of Giants by Ken Follett Another tome by Follett. It's certainly not great literature but Follett knows how to write characters that live fondly on, in our thoughts.
And finally Ben Mezrich's book The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook A Tale of Sex, Money, Genius, and Betrayal This the book book the recent movie, The Social Network was based on.
I also went to the grocers, but you wouldn't want to hear about that, lest I bore you =0).

2 comments: