Wednesday, August 12, 2009

dreaming

I'm one of those people who are not acquainted with their own dreams. Usually. I'm sure I dream, in fact I know I do. The thing is, remembering my dreams is something that I don't usually do. Which is unfortunate really, because I think they are the back door to our conscious mind. The exception to accessing the dream state (for me) comes with the luxury of extra sleep time. With extended sleeping hours my mind has the opportunity to peruse the cracks and crevices of the unknown, teasing them out into the gray light of dawn. With work though, sleep becomes more workman like; "just the facts ma'am." And I'm left with nothing more but a slightly stiff neck and the stark realities of another day. One day, when I'm no longer tethered like an ox to the mill wheel, perhaps I'll have time enough to sleep, perchance to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment